Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Could you be loved

I decided that my blog titles should be song titles..

We spent Memorial Weekend in Utah. It was great that because I'm still on maternity leave and Chris is laid off we were able to go down Thursday and stay until Monday afternoon. We went for walks, did some shopping, went to lunch, went to movies and just enjoyed being around family. It was a great weekend. It's so fun for me to be around my parents now that they are grandparents. What an amazing gift that as children we can give our parents grandchildren. I love to watch my Mom with her grandbabies. I love to take Carly around people that love her and when I'm around my family and especially my parents; the love they emit for my daughter is close to the love I have for her. So I always cry leaving them. I'm sure when Carly is old enough she will cry when she has to leave Grandma & Grandpa Baldwins house.

My Dad blessed Carly on Sunday, with Ben, Tyson and my cousin Kyle (who surprised us being there). It was a wonderful beautiful blessing and I don't think it could have been better had Chris and I wrote it ourselves. I'm so grateful for my Dad that he did that for us and to my brother in laws and cousin. I'm also thankful for my husband that although he's not a member of the Church he can appreciate and see the importance of our daughter being blessed. Thank you all so much. Carly got to wear the dress that I (and my sisters) was blessed in. That was pretty special to me.
It was a great weekend with family and fun.

3 comments:

Connie Baldwin said...

Thanks for the nice words Shauna. It was a pleasure to have you with us. Can't wait for 2 weeks when we can hang out again.

Connie Baldwin said...

That was Dad that posted the proceeding comment.

Whitney said...

I love that little baby!