Monday, May 18, 2009

working from home

So I'm working from home while still on my maternity leave.... I only have a couple weeks left. I'm only working from home part time and it's very hard. You would think it would be easy to just work few hours while at home, but it's not. Chris is home (due to a temporary lay off) and it's still hard.

I worked this morning from 9:00a until about 10:30a because Carly was awake and needed to be fed. So I fed her, burped her, fed her again, burped her again, waited for the inevitable spit up, got it and then was going to go back to work....well then she spit up more....all on my shoulder and all over her (I hate the smell of spit up) so it's bath day and I decide it's a perfect time to give her a bath. So I get her undressed down to her diaper, start the bath and get it ready (it's a process of making sure I have all I need in the bathroom) and then I get her naked and ready for the bath, wrap her up in a blanket (in case of accidents) and walk her to the bathroom. Well she's sitting on my lap while I check the temperature of the water and she spits up all OVER her naked self and me...I think "oh well, she's seconds away from cleanliness" and then...she starts peeing...yep, all over herself and through the blanket and onto my leg...so into the tub she goes. She likes the bath thankfully and I get her cleaned up. Get her out and in her towel...and then guess what? she poops...so then it's more cleaning of baby. Finally, she's clean and dressed and I hand her off to her Daddy and then head to clean myself.

Well, here it is after Noon and I'm just fresh out of the shower and needing to eat some lunch before Carly is awake and wanting to eat again (which will be within the next 2 hours). Oh, and I still need to get a couple more hours of work in.....this is fun.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Sounds like an adventure!

Connie Baldwin said...

Such is the life of a mother.