Thursday, June 18, 2009

Who Let the Dogs Out

So in my haste to get to work to this morning I decided to just kick the dogs out of the house and not kennel them....bad idea. I get home from work and normally Turner, the meat head labrador is waiting at the back door barking in joy about my return. Well, I walk in the house and no dogs are at the back door to greet me. So I immediately wonder "how did they escape?" or "what have they done?" I go out the back door and start looking.... it doesn't take long. I have one of those rings around the tree. You know the ones that are made out of some sort of plastic that weeds can't get through but water can? Anyway, that fancy thing is chewed in half and pieces are all over the yard....but still no dogs. I walk around the side of the house and there are my 2 dogs sitting like someone asked them to sit and wait. I ask "who did this?" and they both lower their heads and turn to go hide in the kennel. As I'm walking to them to spank who ever did it I notice a small hole in the grass, then another a little bigger, then another quite big and right next to the gate. With the rain we've been having it's very easy to determine which dog did it... the mud will still be on their paws.
Unfortunately you can't see the mud on his nails, but you can see the guilt in his face.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Hahahahah... dang meathead! I love the "guilt in his face".