Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yesterday

All my troubles seemed so far away.....

I have to talk about our dog Turner, he really loves Carly. He thinks she is his. In the mornings he goes with me to get her out of the crib. He has to smell her up all day long and check on her. The good thing about Turner is that he's not a licker like Marley is. It's not often that he gives kisses so it's great around the baby (I do not like dogs licking my baby).
If you haven't met Turner he's quite the dog, with quite the unique personality. Like for instance I dressed him in a cut off t-shirt once(the arms cut off so it was like a muscle shirt) and the dog walked around with his chest puffed out like a muscle man. He also thinks he is a mediator. If Chris and I get into an argument he's in between us, head and tail down but wagging trying to make it all better. He does with Carly...when I tell her "No". She's not allowed to play with house plants or electrical outlets (there covered don't worry)...but she still tries so I have to tell her no over and over throughout the day and Turner tries to mediate and steps in between me telling Carly no. It makes me laugh. He's so weird.

Well yesterday Carly is playing with something on the coffee table and I'd just let the dogs in. Turner has to immediately go find Carly and sniff her...so he comes in and sniffs her face and she turns her head to him and puckers her lips for a kiss. I'm still laughing thinking of it today. It was SO cute and sweet. She loves her dogs.

Oh and yesterday Carly's right front tooth broke through...I imagine the left will be coming through any day. She is getting so big. I love her and being able to be home with her. It's the best job.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

You do have the best job. I'm jealous. And Turner is funny. It's funny that he loves his little baby so much now, when just a year ago he was freaked out of little kids and babies.

Connie Baldwin said...

Carly and her gogs!