Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello, Goodbye

We spent the past weekend (4th of July) in Utah. Chris got a call on Tuesday that his Grandma Sharon who has been suffering from pancreatic cancer was going downhill fast, she was unresponsive in a coma. So when Chris got off work on Thursday we headed down. Chris spent most his time with his family. Sharon has 3 children and 3 grandchildren and all of them are down living in UT, or made it down there to see her. She passed away in her home on Saturday morning. We are sad for the loss, but glad she is no longer suffering and in pain.

We also got to play at my Mom & Dads. The babies love Grandma and Grandpa and it's been a long couple days home with a whining Carly. She was so used to being spoiled. Grandma would hold her at any squawk she made. Saturday was Grandpa Baldwin's Birthday. For his Birthday he wanted to be called Bronco Billy. It was fun. We had dinner and cake and he opened his presents. It was a good time.

Sunday was the 4th. We got up and went to Church and then got back home and had to prepare for the Nixon get together. My grandparents (Nixon) just got home from a mission in San Diego and we hadn't seen them in a long time. They had never met the babies. It was good to see them and Aunts, Uncles and cousins we haven't seen in a long time.






I didn't take many pictures, we were too busy running between families and playing I guess.
Oh I have a garden picture update. Here it is as of this morning. It's growing beautifully. We have been eating spinach from the garden for days now. It's delicious. Oh, but having never grown broccoli before, I let it go to seed. Dang it! So I cut it back and hope it will produce some new veg.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I wonder if I could grow spinach in a pot - it sounds delicious. I killed my cilantro. I cut it all down too much. Oops. :(