So Carly is sick again. Started last week with a fever. After 2 days of a fever reaching 102, potent smelling urine, and eating less than her normal, I took her into the Dr. Unfortunately Carly is still in diapers and can't potty on her own so they had to catheter her. Carly cried....and so did I. They said that it showed bacteria but were unsure how bad it was (thinking possible kidney infection or just a UTI) and so we waited to hear until the next day. She has a UTI, so Saturday she started antibiotics. At this time she is miserable only now she eats but acts like she bit her tongue and screams and spits everything out. Sunday she pretty much doesn't eat or drink and cries most the day. Monday morning we are back at the Dr. And find out Carly not only has a UTI but has hand-foot-mouth disease (or the coxsackievirus). She only has it in her mouth. It's painful little sores in her mouth. I feel so bad for her. She asks for a cracker and if you give her something it hurts and she screams and cries and I cry too. She is hungry and in pain but can't eat because it hurts. So I finally had Carly to 20 pounds and she is now losing weight. It really is the worst feeling when you can't make your child feel better.
Today is getting better. She's not as miserable and has been eating and drinking more today than yesterday. I hope tomorrow is even better.
Where's Carly???

.
.
.
.There she is...
3 comments:
Grandma's poor little lovebug! Hopefully she is feeling lots better today.
This sounds awful! Hope she gets better quickly!!
I am soo sorry to hear that your little girl is so sick! I hope she starts to feel better soon! When your child is sick and they cant tell you whats wrong....its the worst. Hope she feels better very soon!
Post a Comment