Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat

I love Halloween. It may be my favorite Holiday....well next to Christmas. I love it, I love the creepiness, the costumes, tricks and treats. It's fun.

We had a weekend of Halloween fun, it started Friday night with our neighborhood/ward Halloween party. We had dinner and homemade root beer. All the kids were dressed up, then there were games to get tickets to buy little toys and treats. There was face painting and even a swing....a mechanical horse walker turned swing. Carly absolutely loved it. She loved seeing kids in costumes.

Saturday is swimming lessons. Chris didn't have to work so he got to get in the pool with Carly. Swim lessons are so fun. Carly is so good and has so much fun. The instructor told Chris that she too advanced for the class and if we wanted to get her in the next class up she would waive the age restriction for Carly. So we will do that for her. The next class is instructors only...no parents in the water. But I think Carly will still love it.
Carly and I made cupcakes on Saturday. We got a Halloween package from Grandma Pearl and Aunt Kelly and it had cute little royal icing faces and fun sprinkles. So we made lots of cupcakes..and took them to the kids at nursery.

Sunday we carved pumpkins. Check them out. Carly wasn't that into carving pumpkins...and Maddy was NOT into it at all. I had planned on toasting pumpkin seeds but we started too late in the carving...and Chris's masterpiece took a while for him to complete.


Finally it was Halloween. Carly anxiously awaited her Dad getting home from work so she could go trick or treating. We had "mummy" hot dogs for dinner (hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls). We also made Halloween sugar cookies and took them to a few neighbors. Then I took these.


Trick or treating. Chris took Carly around part of the neighborhood.

Aren't they cute?
Then they came home and I took Carly. We got in the truck and parked at our park and hit a big loop. Carly had fun she loves kids in costumes.

We did not get many kids back trick or treating on our street. I really think we have the same amount of candy we started with (if not more)....Next year I'm not buying the big bag of candy from Costco.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I didn't take any pictures last night. What is wrong with me?