Remember how I had to have surgery? Well I did it and I survived. I had to go in at 1:15p on Friday. I sat around for a while. I was thirsty and had a headache from lack of caffeine. I told Chris I was going to dream about a delicious hot latte while I was under anesthesia. I don't know if I did...I remember being wheeled into the surgery room and seeing the lights above me for about 10 seconds...then I remember waking up in recovery.
I was HOT and nauseated...and by the time I got to my room (#444 - side note 4 is my favorite number) it was almost 7p. My handsome husband sat at the hospital the whole time but had to get back to the kids. So I was left alone for most the night...which isn't true if you've ever stayed the night in the hospital. Nurses come in and take your blood, and my legs were hooked up to this massage things (so I didn't get clots) and I had to buzz them every time I needed to urinate...which was often since I was hooked up to an IV of fluids. That and I liked the ice pack on my neck, and had to do breathing treatments..which are dumb. I had a delicious post surgery meal of clear liquids...jello, tea, broth, juice.
![]() |
| ice pack...feels so good. |
![]() |
| my handsome husband |
![]() |
| my view from the hospital room |
Now, I'm home. It's been almost a week. I am easily tired and get dizzy. I'm not sure if it's my body still healing...or new thyroid medication. Maybe both. I just know I'm easily worn out. I'll be posting a before and after picture of my neck once it's a little more healed.







1 comment:
I love all of your pictures. I should have come up to be your photographer... why didn't I think about this?
Post a Comment