Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wyoming

We spent 9 days this month in Wyoming to see Chris.  It was fun to have him with us everyday.  Below are some pictures(from the camera not my phone) from that fun trip.

playing at a playground while Dad is at work.

6/11/2013 lunch in the trailer
6/12/2013 Popsicles in the shade

during Maddy's nap
Carly stopped taking naps a couple weeks ago.  It was getting harder and later to even try to get her to nap so I quit.  She's done quite well and is actually asleep around 10pm instead of 11pm.  So during naps we do "homework", read books, and tell stories.  She loves me to make up stories (always with a princess named Carly).  Anyway, after I told her a story (being interrupted with a million questions about the story) I asked her to tell me a story.  It started with a Princess named Carly and had lots of weird things, frogs and a bad witch and so on. I asked lots of questions (like she does to me) and at the end the King came and killed the witch.  I asked "what's the kings name?" she said "King Chris".  I said "Oh, what's the bad witches name?" even though I knew what she was going to say next...and yes the bad witch was named "Shauna elyse" (she adds Elyse to names when she can't think up a new name).  So yep, Dad is the king.  Mom is the bad witch. Nice.
nap time
North Platte River

6/13/2013


throwing sticks in the river.

6/15/2013 found another playground while Dad was at work.

6/16/2013 Fathers Day breakfast


from Carly

6/16/2013 Nap time

looking for toads.
We had lots of fun. On Fathers Day we went swimming to at the local Rec Center.  It was so fun.  Indoor pools, with kids slides and shallow water, a lazy river to float along on an inner tube, and 2 water slides.  Maddy loved the water slide. 

We got home last Tuesday evening.  I woke up at 2am to a huge gust of wind trying to blow the house over and mild crash sound (I thought the barbecue grill blew over again).  This is what I woke up to.


Thank goodness for great neighbors.  It was all cleaned up by 9am.  Now what to plant there? 

1 comment:

Whitney said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love that Chris's favorite movie is Darth Gator - she's going to love the Star Wars room for Disneyland! :)