
Maddy was sad when we dropped off Carly. She cried "I miss Carly". She had to touch Carly as soon as she got in the car. On the way home we decided to stop for lunch at Geraldines bakery.

While there Carly finished her sandwich and jumped to get up from her chair. Well her foot got stuck or she stumbled. She was holding her bag of chips and they went flying all over the floor. Well, of course she started crying. I thought maybe she got hurt. And a few people sitting around us were concerned. She didn't get hurt. Just mostly embarrassed, I think. Well as I was holding her and trying to calm her down a couple older men got up to leave. They had to go around all the chip mess. I couldn't clean it up yet because I was still holding Carly. A couple of minutes later one of the men came over with a new bag of chips. He gave them to Carly and said "I have a little blonde granddaughter just your age, She would cry too over losing all her chips". It was so sweet. I teared up. We thanked him very much. I hope Carly remembers that kindness.

No comments:
Post a Comment