Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm So Tired

"I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink
no, no, no"
Carly's new sleep schedule is as follows (as of last night):
To bed at about 8:15pm
Up at 11:33pm (nursed her back to sleep)
Up at 1:22am (picked her up and rocked her back to sleep)
Up at 4am (nursed her back to sleep)
Up at 6:55am- now she's having a nap at 9:15am.
Why won't she sleep for more than 4 hours at a time? Is she cold? Is she hot? Should I not nurse her? Should I let her cry it out and put herself back to sleep?
Let me answer with my logic:
Is she cold? No, I've been putting her in extra layers at night and each time I got up last night she was still in her blankets (that's plural on the blankets).
Is she hot? no because she doesn't feel hot.
Should I not nurse her? I nurse her because although she is eating baby foods and such she is still getting most her nutrition and nutrients from me (this is factual from books and Internet, go check). Also, and more importantly it will put her back to sleep quite quickly and quietly.
Should I let her cry it out and put herself back to sleep? This is tricky, Chris is now getting up at 4am to go to work (he has to be in Rexburg by 6:30am) so do I let her cry it out and we have to lie awake and listen to it? Thus interrupting Chris's sleep? He gets cranky without his sleep. Also, when she wakes up she scoots up into a corner of her crib and is kind of wedged in there ...so do I leave her to cry wedged in a corner of a crib? What if she's no longer under her covers and is cold? What if she pulls the blankets over her head? What if she really is hungry or thirsty? What if she's pulled herself up and is hanging over the edge of the crib? Am I making excuses??
I don't know what to do....and I'm tired.
PS- bonus points if you tell me who sang the above referenced song.
PSS- my favorite part of the song is this verse:
"I'm so tired, I'm feeling so upset
Although I'm so tired I'll have another cigarette
and curse Sir Walter Raleigh
He was such a stupid git"
I love him to be a stupid git...what is a git??
Good Night.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Seriuosly? You quote BEATLES on your blog and expect no one to know what it is?? You crazy.

P.S. You left out a few books on guessing. Also, it says "SOME" of my favorite characters. I love me some Severus Snape. :)