It's been a while since my last post. So I guess I'll write something. I am and we are as a family going to work on our goals. We need a plan, doesn't everyone need a plan? Anyway, I've been thinking of my personal goals and plans. So I thought I'd write some down...so that I'm more accountable. A few (and in no particular order).
1. Speak kindly. (I find that my tone can really be off and I need to speak kinder to people. Especially my husband.)
2. Read more and watch less TV (you would think this would be easy because we don't have satellite anymore).
3. Exercise at least 3 times a week. (I really have no excuse not to, I don't work and I should be able to do this VERY easily....but laziness is a hard habit to break.)
4. Go to Church. (I have a strong desire to take Carly to Church. She needs to learn and have a relationship with God. It's important to me. Plus I guess I need the help and guidance it can offer on parenting and family.)
5. Save money ( This is really a Brunson goal, but I make a little cash watching Luke and I need to save it for a rainy day...or another vacation).
6. Be more crafty or make time for crafts. (We want to plant a large garden this year- and again since I don't work I should be able to keep it up and I'd like to refinish our bedroom dresser & nightstand)
I have more but those are some of the best, or rather my most important.
Carly turns 1 year in less than a week. I can hardly believe it. She is walking everywhere. She barely crawls anymore. She is getting lots better at expressing herself. I can ask her (when I know she's getting tired) if she needs a nap and she will point to her bedroom. She also is getting a little bit of temper and if you are doing something she doesn't like she will slap at you. For example if I tell her not to do something (like put things in the dogs water dish) and I grab her hands she will get mad and slap at my hands. I'm not really sure what to do about this...hopefully it doesn't progress. Sometimes it's so funny and I have to try not to laugh. Oh she also lets me know when she wants to nurse and has figured out it's under my shirt....this is not my favorite thing. She doesn't nurse as much but when she wants to and she's sitting on my lap she knows she needs to try to get my shirt up. Of course she can't get it up very high and is usually sidetracked by my belly button. She's a funny girl. She still loves music and to dance and sometimes will try out singing and I LOVE it. I hope she never grows out of it. She's so good at giving kisses and they are the best(Audrey has a video of it on her blog- you can also see her attitude because she gives Luke a kiss and then slaps at him and then I tell her to be nice and she slaps at me). She blows kisses too, instead of waving bye she usually will blow kisses. I love her SO much!
I haven't had the camera out which is a bummer. My parents were here this past weekend and we went to the petting zoo again, and to the park and I didn't take my camera to either. I'm slacking, so sorry I don't have any new pictures to upload.
2 comments:
Posted some pics of our McKee's adventure with G&G. Check it!
Goals are great!! Mine is to sell my house. :)
Hooray for goals! It's good to set them regularly and keep setting new ones once you reach the first. Exercise is hard to get into, but then once you are in the habit, you WANT to work out and when you don't you don't feel as good.
I can't wait to see Carly again! I want a kiss!
Post a Comment