Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy 1 Year Birthday Carly!

Last year at this time I was laying in a hospital bed waiting for my time to "push". It had been a long night of drug induced contractions. Early in the morning I asked for my epidural. At about 8a my Mom and Amy came to join in the fun. At about 10a, I was dilated to 10cm and ready to push. That was a scary moment. I hadn't been dilating very quickly. The nurse came in to check and I'd gone from about 5cm to 10cm in about an hour. My Mom was on the phone with my Dad and asked as the nurse said "You're ready" what I was dilated to. I told her I was there and it was time to start pushing. She quickly got off the phone and the resident Dr. was there to start. Scary moment. We were all kind of shocked that the time had actually come. Shortly after we started pushing my Dr came in to coach me. My Mom and Chris and the nurse helped me push (the Dr helped with a vacuum) and at 11:19am Carly was born. (sorry for the graphic photo but I love it). The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck twice. I couldn't see her so I love photo. There she is a new member of the world. A real person we created and she was perfect! All 6 pounds 13 ounces of her. She has brought so much joy to our lives. I can't believe it's been a year. It's gone by so quickly. I can't imagine life without her. It's weird to think that for 365 days she has literally been attached to me at least 5 times a day. We are having a Birthday party for Carly this weekend. She will get a cake all to herself. We have invited Family and Friends and it should be a lot of fun. Today we are going to lunch with Audrey, Luke and Amy. When Chris gets home this evening we will celebrate some more, I'm going to give her a cupcake to devour. I've been singing Happy Birthday to her all day. I'm adding pictures of Carly today on her Birthday. So stay tuned. Above are a couple from this morning when Luke was over. They love the new chairs! Here is Carly with her large cupcake. She thought it was delicious and Audrey, Luke and Amy stopped by to watch her eat her cupcake. Happy Birthday Carly. We love you so much!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Yay! That picture isn't graphic at all, it's awesome! I can't believe it was a year ago and I was sitting around at work just WAITING to hear.

Connie Baldwin said...

That was a very exciting day! 2 grandbabies for Grandma and to watch her be born was awesome!

Lynn Baldwin said...

Happy Birthday to Carly. Can't wait for Saturday for the big party.