Monday, February 14, 2011

remember that Love is not leisure, it is work

Happy Valentines Day! I got a special card from my hubby this morning. It made me tear up. Carly got a Valentine in the mail from her great Grandma Pearl. The card has a kitten on it and Carly likes to make it meow in your face. She's funny. She also got $20. Lucky girl.

Yesterday Carly and I made sugar cookies. Today I think we will decorate whats left of them. I was having a craving for sweet sugar cookies and ate, well a lot of them. Maybe we will deliver some today so that we don't have to eat them all.



Saturday Chris didn't have to work so we took Carly to see the goats and puppies at McKees. She loved it of course.



Carly is still sleeping with us. I haven't even tried to put her in her own bed for a few nights now. I guess that means we are getting used to her and can sleep better. Lately she asks all day long. "What doin Mommy" and sometimes when I wake up it's to a little girl inches from my face asking me "what doing Mom?". I say sleeping. We've also been working on colors so she will point to a color and ask "whats that" I'll say "purple" and she'll say "good job, purple". Is she quizzing me? It makes me laugh. Last night as we were laying in bed I asked her what we should name the baby. She didn't respond but then started saying "Mommy name Mommy" and "Carly name Carly" and "Daddy name Dad" and I told her yes, Mommys name is Mommy and Carly is Carly and Daddy is Dad and Chris, she said "Daddy and Chwis, good job Mommy". She makes me laugh.

Here are my 2 sweet Valentines. I love them.

3 comments:

Brynnie Mac said...

Pick me for a delivery!! I haven't seen that sweet girl for so long. I miss her! Payton does too. He really wanted to come out and see her yesterday and was bummed it was nap time.

Whitney said...

Cute pictures - she is so funny! We need to Skype so that Katie can see Carly. I can't wait to see you guys soon!

Lynn Baldwin said...

Can I hire your kitchen helper?