Carly still isn't sleeping in her own bed. It's gotten worse and when it's bed time she starts to panic and cry and wants the other parent. Last night we were reading books and when the book was almost over she started getting worried and wanted out of her bed and to "go see Dad". I'm getting used to her being in our bed, which isn't very fun. Hopefully she will grow out of this. Hopefully she will grow out of this before the new baby comes.
Carly also hasn't been really interested in potty training. She does like the big girl underwear though. So I let her wear them for a while, then tell her she has to have a diaper unless she goes potty on the big potty. So then we put a diaper on....but then she wants her big girl underwear on too. I'm still hoping she will be potty trained before baby comes. Carly is talking so much though. Last week her new word was delicious. We were eating lunch one day and she told me it was delicious...I don't even know where she learned it. Funny girl.
Sunday was the Superbowl. We aren't football people but we like the snacks. Chris made chicken (hot) wings (baked not fried) they were good and crispy like they were fried. Chris's Aunt Gena came over too. She was in town for a few days and Carly had fun looking through pictures and playing with her and her friend Tenley.
I'm 30 weeks prego today. 10 weeks left. I can't wait to see this baby and hold her and kiss her.
2 comments:
She cracks me up with those undies as "outies". I hope the bed transition gets better!
I found that with the big girl bed...make it fun for her. Thats what I had to do for my son when we moved him to a toddler bed. We got sheets and all sorts of things in his favorite characters...that way he looked forward to sleeping in his bed. We also told him that he was a big boy and the baby needed the crib so he needed to sleep in his big boy bed. It took a few weeks to get use to but it will eventually.
As for the potty training....if she isnt interested DONT PUSH THE ISSUE...it only makes her revert back to WANTING to wear the diapers and not wanting to go. If you have a potty chair..sit it near the big potty and have her go in when u go so she sees that mommy goes like a big girl so should she. Try getting a rewards chart with stickers...also character undies work too. My daughter was very stubborn when it came to potty training. Just have patience. Hope that helps ya! Good luck!
Post a Comment