Saturday, January 29, 2011

ask for help when you need it

Carly lately refuses to take baths. This means she showers with me, which she thinks is fun if I hold her. But makes it hard for me to really clean myself when she is whining about the splashing. She had an accident in the tub while in Florida and it scared her and now she doesn't want to take a bath. I'm going to have to try a shower on her own, in her own bath or something?

Carly the last few nights has been waking in the middle of the night wanting Mommy. She first asks for Mommy then starts crying for Mommy and then screaming and gets herself out of bed to find Mommy. When I get to her it startles her (she is in that half awake thing) and then she wants to sleep on daddys pillow (where I have been napping with her). Is it because I have been napping with her, that she now thinks she can't sleep without me? As she is falling asleep at night she tosses and turns and says "mom" or "mommy" to make sure I'm still there. Once she's out, I leave. But it's taking a long time for her to fall asleep because she's constantly checking to see if I'm still there. It's not fun sleeping with her. It's already uncomfortable (pregnancy and all) to sleep but then add a wiggly little girl with knees and elbows poking you everywhere. Plus she is a hot little body that makes this pregnant Mom sweat. I don't know what to do? Why won't she stay in her own bed and sleep through the night?

Carly is too smart. I was showing her pictures from the photo album and we saw the ones when she had the cast on her arm. Now I just have to remind her that she fell off the coffee table and she does not climb up there anymore. She's also talking so much more. I asked her why she was crying and needed to sleep in my bed and she just put her hands up and said "I don't know". While driving today I told Carly that she will be 22 months tomorrow. She said to me "OH, good job Mommy". She makes me laugh. I also let her help me cook dinner sometimes and now when she is playing in her kitchen she uses the little knife and cutting board and cuts everything up. She's so smart! I love her so much, she's my sweet girl.

One year ago today (Costa Rica):


Today (there is freezing fog outside):


Oh how I wish we were in Costa Rica again.

No comments: