Sunday, January 9, 2011

Florida day 2. (1st full day)

Today has been our 1st full day. We are still adjusting to the 2 hour time difference so we got a late start this morning. Here was the sun coming up from our balcony.
We went to Blue Springs Park to see the manatees that winter in the warm springs. It was beautiful, the water so clear and it was so cool to see the manatees in the wild, loads of fish and we even saw an alligator.









After seeing the manatees we headed toward Daytona Beach. We passed the Daytona Speedway, it was huge but I only got a picture with my phone. We were trying to get to the beach. Carly fell asleep in the car about 15 minutes before we got to the beach. She didn't get to see it but it was cold and very windy (like 56 degrees). I had to put my feet in the Atlantic Ocean, which was freezing.


After the beach we drove past the Ponce de Leon lighthouse. Here it is.

After that we headed back to relax, get some dinner and watch the Disney World nightly fireworks (from the condo).


Thats all for today. I'm very tired and hoping to sleep a little better tonight. We don't know yet what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Looks like lots of fun! I want to be that close to DisneyWorld.