OUR WEDDING STORY
By: Shauna
11/29/2005
I started dating Chris and realized shortly after our 1st date that I wanted to spend every free moment I had with him. We started dating in September and on October 10th decided we should be boyfriend and girlfriend exclusively. Shortly after that we realized boyfriend and girlfriend exclusively wasn’t enough. We new just how much we wanted to be with the other always. Then we started talking about marriage.
Chris and I were planning a wedding at the end of January. However, on Thursday 11/17/05 I had a small breakdown because it wasn’t working out how we were trying for. We couldn’t get all the people we wanted to be there and I was having a hard time leaving people out of the small ceremony we were planning. His family wasn’t going to be able to make it because it was so close to the holidays. My Mother kept asking/telling me things that I had never thought of (I wasn’t one of the girls that had there wedding planned from birth) and I started to really stress about it. Initially, Chris and I had discussed eloping or just going to the court house. So that Thursday (11/17/05) I had a breakdown and when I got home from work Chris and I were talking. We talked about how we just want to be married and that our wedding should be about us. We asked “Why can't we just be married?” and realized we had the ability to do what we wanted. We decided we just do it soon and when looking at the calendar decided tomorrow (11/18/05) would be our Wedding day.
So I called my mom and told her and she mildly freaked out. She called Mike Healey; which is a friend of the family. I grew up next door to him for about 12 years (he lives in Lehi, UT) and he said he would marry us. So Friday morning we got up and left town. We didn’t have our rings (though they were picked out a week prior). We drove to SLC and got our marriage license. Went to the mall to find dress, didn’t find one. Went to a store (I think called Modest by Design) and found my wedding dress. After that, we went to my parent’s house to get ready.
When we got there my Mother had the house decorated, she even had a cake made (she called someone at like 10p on Thursday) and she made my bouquet, which was beautiful. We were married by Mike Healey at about 4:30 on November 18, 2005. My Mom and Dad, Amy, Audrey, Whitney and Tyson were there. It was everything we wanted and more. We both feel that it worked out how it was supposed to. We had everything we needed. It was the greatest day of my life.
Now we get to spend the rest of our lives together living happily ever after.
The End

I'm so glad that I married Chris, I cannot imagine spending my life with anyone but him. I'm so thankful for him that he works so hard for our family that we have started, that I can stay home with Carly and this new baby when it comes. I'm so grateful for this family that we have created, it's my whole world. I love you Chris. Happy Anniversary.
1 comment:
Yay!!! Happy 5 years!!
Post a Comment