Monday, March 28, 2011

Carly's Birthday Party!

Carly turns 2 on Wednesday but we had her Birthday party on Saturday. It was loads of fun. She got lots of fun presents (even though she really doesn't need anything). She was excited about her party and kept singing "happy Birthday, happy birthday Carly". While waiting for guests to arrive she played some baseball with Dad.
Grandma & Grandpa were the 1st to arrive and Carly couldn't wait to open the gift. So she didn't. She got a backpack and lots of bracelets and necklaces and lots of chapstick. She loves it! After that the rest of my family showed up. Even my good friend Caitlin came, she had just got back in the states from Argentina and she is pregger too. Not that you could tell. I meant to get a pic of us both but the battery had died in the camera by then.
Carly wanted to hold Katie, who isn't as little anymore. She's half Carly's weight now. She is so cute with her big cheeks. Also, I love these girls in the matching frog shirts. Too cute. Even the Englands came over. Audrey just got out of the hospital a few hours earlier. So we got a picture of all the Baldwin Grandkids...or tried. The big kids held baby Sam. Then we got down to party stuff. We filled a pinata for Carly. She loves them at the store when we go.
She did good hitting it, but the wiffle bat didn't do much damage. Dad had to show the pinata whose boss. There was lots candy for everyone and toys for the kids.

Then we sang to Carly. I thought she was going to yell at us to 'stop it' when we sang (because she does that a lot) but she didn't. She liked it. She blew out the candle on her cake and then got down to opening presents.


She got lots of great stuff. Including a new potty that she is loving to sit on, from her great Aunt Kelly. I may try potty training again.




Thanks to everyone who came to the party and for supporting our family. Carly had a lot of fun and got lots of great stuff.

Sunday she wore a new dress that she had got from Great Grandma Pearl (Shirley). She was so cute. Grandma and Grandpa went to church with us and Grandma even went to nursery with Carly and she loved it.


I've started the nesting phase of pregnancy. We got the baby car seat out, clothes, blankets, burp cloths, etc. I'm in the process of washing it all and getting it put away in the baby room. I kept showing Chris the little clothes. I remember Carly being a tiny baby, but man it's gone by fast and those little clothes are SO little. Just over 3 weeks left until we get to meet our new family member.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Carly is so funny - I love that lady bug dress! I love the pictures of Katie and Carly and all of the grandkids. I can't believe there is going to be a new one in less than a month!

England said...

Too Cute! 2 years goes by too fast. And Ben and I did the same thing when we got baby clothes all ready. Were they really that small? Carly looks beautiful in her dress!