Monday, April 4, 2011

think of your difficult times as spiritual training

With all my "good karma" posts you would think we would have better Karma.

This past week (Thursday) I had to take Carly back into the Dr. for her 2 year check up. But 1st I had my appointment. So she went with me. She was fine until the Dr came in, then panic set in and as I'm laying on the table to be "checked" the Dr has to pick Carly up and give her to me because she was so upset. Bummer. I was/am dilated 1cm and 50% effaced. So after my appointment we ride the elevator downstairs to Carly's appointment. She was crying and asking to go home right when we got into our room to see the Dr. It wasn't fun. Carly is 26 pounds, 34 inches tall. Everything is good with her. She will have to go back to a Dr in August for a repeat VCUG (the urinary reflux thing) but our Dr said if we would like we can go to SLC- Primary Childrens to do it. Since they deal strictly with kids and Carly needs all the kindness she can get with Dr's. So we may do that.

Friday, I'm starting to get sick. Woke up Thursday with a sore throat. Now congestion is starting. It hasn't stopped. I'm miserable with a cold, cough and congestion. Plus, coughing at 9 months pregnant just hurts. Chris gets off work a little early on Friday and decides to go to his 1st Softball practice. About 10 minutes into it, he dives for a ball and jams his glove into the ground and rolls over his hand. POP! Broken left hand. He broke his left 4th metacarpal. He called work and they told him he cannot work while in a cast. Guess where Chris is right now? At the Dr to have his hand put in a cast. Of course things can always be worse right? So I'm thankful it's not. *UDPATE: Chris did not have to get a cast, he got this weird brace thing that is holding the bone in place. He goes back next week to see if it's working. Here is a picture of Chris hand...and Carly's hands because she wanted to see a picture of her hands after she saw Dad's picture.



Needless to say we've just been taking it easy this weekend. Hopefully we don't have anymore Dr visits besides the one that coincide with having a new baby. We decided on a name...but still have to meet her 1st before announcing it to the world. Her initials will be MLB. Take your guesses if you want.

Below are some happy/feel good pictures I've found on the computer. Because what's a blog post without pictures??
Carly

Luke

Oh, this picture below is from 2 years ago today. Too cute.


Here is where I wish we all were...

Don't know where this is? I'll give you a hint, it was our favorite place to eat....here.

5 comments:

Connie Baldwin said...

The Thai place in Bandon, OR. Where I first tried Thai food and now love it!!

Unknown said...

Yes, I wish I could have some sweet sticky rice and coconut AND mango ice cream. YUM!

Connie Baldwin said...

MLB...Major league baseball?

Whitney said...

I didn't realize that New Baby's initials were going to be MLB. That cracks me up!

Unknown said...

Yes, we like that she is MLB. It's fun.