Friday, April 22, 2011

Introducing the newest Brunson

Meet Maddy Lynn Brunson. She was born at 2:44am on Monday, April 18th. She weighed 7 pounds 11oz, 21 inches long. She has lots of dark hair and is SO sweet.




I went into the hospital Sunday night at about 6:30p. I was still only dilated 2 cm and still 50% effaced. They started me on cytotec at about 7:30p, about 10p contractions were coming regularly. Around 11:45p they broke my water, I was dilated 5-6cm. Around 12:30A I was getting an epidural. I think about 1am or just after they started pitocin to get the contractions really going. My Dr came in about 2am and said he was going to go get a couple more hours of sleep. After my epidural my blood pressure was LOW and it was starting to bother baby. By 2:10am I was dilated 9-10cm and we decided it was time to push. I didn't have to push long or many times. I could feel the pressure so much more and could feel when to push. She was out by 2:44am and is perfect. We absolutely love her. Carly loves her and being the big sister. She is so sweet with her.

Today is my 31st Birthday and I feel so blessed with my family. My Mom spent the week here helping me with my girls (Chris went back to work and had OSHA classes to complete at night). I love our new family and Maddy is the perfect addition. She's so different from when I brought Carly home. So far she sleeps lots and is hard to wake to feed. But she is a good eater and latches quickly. She rarely cries unless she is really hungry or getting a cold wipe on her warm bum. Here are a few pictures from this week.





To my Mother, thank you for staying this week. Thank you for playing with Carly and all your help with everything. We love you and appreciate you so much. My heart is full of gratitude for such a great mother. Also, thanks for putting up with my post pregnancy hormones.
To my Husband, thanks for the great Birthday. I love my new pearl earrings and the figurine. Thank you so much for working so hard for our family so I can stay home with our babies. I love you.

No comments: