Wednesday, March 2, 2011

when you feel yourself becoming impatient, remind yourself that the present situation will change

The above title/instant karma is for me. I need to remind myself of this all the time.

I went to the Dr yesterday (I'm 33 weeks, 7 weeks to go). I keep meaning to take a belly/prego shot but forget to ask Chris in the evenings. Maybe I'll take a picture in the mirror later. Anyway, I've been taking Carly with me to the Dr because she's scared of the Dr and gets nervous. It seems to be helping. She wasn't as freaked out yesterday. I've gained 2 pounds in 4 weeks and my Doc says I'm right on track with weight gain. He even gave me five because of it. I'm happy about it. I was so large when pregnant with Carly.

Carly on the other hand is a little busy body and sometimes a total pill. Last night as we are getting ready for bed I kept asking her brush her teeth and she is just singing monkeys jumping on the bed and jumping on my bed. So I'm getting frustrated. (This is becoming part of her nightly routine and it's annoying) Chris tells me "be the adult Shauna" because I occasionally have to remind him he's the adult when Carly is being a pill. So then I get to listen to Carly yell at me "Be adult Mom!" and "Be adult Momma!" so then I tell Chris it's his turn to brush her teeth so he tries to get her to go brush her teeth and so she starts yelling "Be adult Daddy" to him. We were both laughing but man, who is she? She was also being a pill during the day and I was getting frustrated with her getting in the Tupperware drawer. She totally beat me to the time out thing and asked to go sit in time out. I of course let her. But, I didn't know time out was fun?? I can't believe how much attitude she has and she's not even 2 yet. She still can make us laugh though and she's very sweet when she wants to be. Giving kisses and hugs and telling you she loves you. Which melts me. I love to hear her say "I love you, Mom".

This weekend Grandma and Grandpa came up for Luke's 2nd Birthday. He had a party on Sunday and Carly was excited to go and give him a present. Here are some pictures.



It was fun, although Carly cried when she couldn't open Luke's presents. Chris's birthday is 8 days away and Carly will be 2 years old this month. Time sure flies.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

She has such a funny personality - her stories crack me up. And I really LOVE the picture of Luke with his baby. :)

Brynnie Mac said...

I love her to tell you guys to be adults! That makes me laugh so hard. I wonder if Payton ever feels like yelling that at me? I wonder what I would do if he did?? Ha ha!!