Thursday, June 16, 2011

don't diet or binge

Yesterday we had a lunch play date with Audrey and her boys. It was good fun. I went to the grocery store in the morning and bought strawberries and then saw rhubarb (both are in season and cheap to buy). Since Audrey was coming (she's a rhubarb lover) I decided to make this rhubarb-strawberry pie It was and is delicious. Make it. The weather was lovely and the big kids played outside and had a little pool party. They played a little baseball too.

The babies slept and then ate and then hung out with each other.

Of course when the big kids saw the babies getting pictures taken they had to be in them too.

When Audrey came over yesterday they had just come from Luke's dentist appointment. She told me how when they were waiting to be seen, Luke was watching the receptionist person doing her job, writing or whatever. Luke is there and says to her "I like pencils". I'm still laughing today picturing it and hearing his silly voice say it. She also shared a story of him and nose picking (but I'll let your imagination run with that one). Thanks Audrey for the laughs.

2 comments:

England said...

Luke and Carly draw lots of laugh with their wacky things they say. It was a nice afternoon with you guys. We need to do it lots all summer long!

Whitney said...

Those little babies are getting so big and alert! (I can't believe the size of Sam compared to Maddy!) So fun.