Friday, June 24, 2011

praise a child's achievements

Today is day 4 of potty training for Carly. She's been doing so good. I didn't think I was committed to doing it and wasn't looking forward to it. But the past weeks she has been saying things like "change me" when she does a "stinky" and had said a few times that she pee peed.

So on Monday I decided to put her in underwear. She went potty lots on her little toilet and in her underwear but she would stop and finish on the potty. On Wednesday she did a stinky in the big toilet (BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT!) and she did again today. Since Tuesday she has not worn a diaper. Only underwear and pull ups.

We keep telling her she is a big girl and we are proud of her. She gets lots of stickers and high fives. When we tell her we are proud of her she says "I'm proud of you too" and today she said she was proud of me and then hugged me and said "I promise you". She makes me laugh.

So I think today I'm going to take the unopened box of diapers back to Costco. She shouldn't be needing them...and we still have quite a few if she does. FUN! We'll see how she does on the outing going potty. She seems to have accidents more when we leave the house but she's getting there.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Yay for the big girl!!!
And bonus - some extra money back from the expensive diapers!