We got there Tuesday and made it across the sound to the house. We were greeted by all. Wednesday we hung around the house until the evening when Chris, Carly and I were going to a Mariners game with the Gorman family. The boys Chris, Drew and Steve went in early to catch batting practice. They got autographs and pictures. The Mariners played the Rays...and the Mariners lost. Safeco field is beautiful and their garlic fries are delicious. Delicious and potent. The house stunk the next day from all of us eating them. Even Carly tried them. Here are a few pictures.
Here are the garlic fries and a few more pictures from the game. They were so good. I couldn't believe how much garlic was on them. Seriously, it was probably 10 cloves of chopped garlic. Man, they were good. Our seats were so AWESOME, we were in row 12 just up from the visiting team bench. Thanks Gormans for taking us to the game. It was awesome!
On Thursday we got up and visited. We had the day to do whatever and being the Twilight nerd that I am I wanted to go to Forks and La Push. The Gormans graciously gave us a vehicle and we were off. It was a little over a 2 hour drive from their house. The drive from Port Angeles to Forks was beautiful.
I laugh at the picture of Carly touching Edward...she is already "Team Edward" watch out Bella. It was fun, we even made it to 1st Beach which was beautiful. It's too bad the movies weren't filmed there. It would have been even more fun and magical to visit. Still I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
more pictures from 1st Beach and then Crescent Lake as we passed it on our way back home.
So that is our 1st couple days in Washington. I'll blog more later but we have Luke this morning and it's getting close to nap time...not to mention I need to unpack and have a huge pile of laundry to get through.
1 comment:
I love the picture of the treaty line in La Push. It totally cracks me up!
Post a Comment