Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week in review


What a lovely weekend it's been. We got the garden area fenced. Now the dogs can't get in, hopefully next weekend we can rototill and plant. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I also planted my flower pots and a little of my herb garden. Here's the garden area as of now.

This week we made a quick trip up to Idaho Falls. We've been looking at cheap little commuters on craigslist. Well we found one. It's a 1989 Honda Civic (hatchback) it's baby blue and the exterior is in great shape just a little rust. The interior isn't that great, needs some seat covers and we got some new floor mats. But it has less miles on it then my Subaru had and for $700 it was a deal. I drove it to the store yesterday and it's fun. Manual transmission and little so it feels fast, pretty fun. Chris likes working on it. I'll have to get a picture of it on here. Oh we also gave up alcohol. WE decided while we are raising a family we won't be drinking anymore. So we've given it up indefinitely. Please support us and respect us as we pursue this clean living.
We took the dogs to the pond today. They needed a bath and we decided to let them swim before they got there baths. Carly had fun seeing other dogs and watching our dogs run and swim. Here's a little video.

Below are just some more pictures from the weekend. We've been spending as much time as possible outside. We love this nice weather.





While we were out this weekend we stopped at Ross Park Drive Inn and Carly got to try her 1st taste of the famous taco spaghetti. Of course she liked it. I know Whitney will read this and be jealous. I bet her baby wants her to eat some. Yum.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

SHAUNA!!! I NEED Taco Spaghetti!!! Why did you have to talk about it?!?!?

Also, mad, mad, mad, mad props to giving up alcohol in your home and family. I'm sure it will be hard, but it will also make things so much easier (and think of all the money you save - alcohol is freaking expensive!!!). Yay for you guys!!!

Whitney said...

P.S. Do you like me to say "mad props" to you? I'm totally legit.