Monday, February 8, 2010

Costa Rica day 5

We woke up and wanted to head to the beach (the ocean was calling us). So we went to Playa Blanca that was in between Tarcoles and Jaco. It was beautiful and a little bigger waves to play in. We saw more scarlet macaws here, they flew in and were in the trees above us. Carly got sunburned on her arms on this day. After the bee sting and then the sunburn I was feeling like a terrible parent. Seemed like every time I'd reapply the sunscreen someone came to get here and take her to play in the water. Oh on a side note, sand on a baby is not my favorite thing. I thought dog fur was bad....sand is way worse. Carly loved to squish it in her hands and then she'd wipe her face or put her hands in her hair...she wanted to crawl around in it. It's not easy to wash off either and it gets in all their little creases...especially combined with sticky sunscreen. Here is a little video of the beach (and my handsome beach babe running through the jungle- he wanted the camera to get more pics of the macaws).

On the way out the tide was coming in and our path to get off the beach was gone. We had to have the boys take our stuff and then come back to help us. I ended up slipping on rock and biffed it in the water. So the rest of the trip I had a scraped up bruised right hip and arm. Thank goodness I wasn't carrying Carly. I think Whitney got pictures of us trying to get out (after my fall).

No comments: