Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Costa Rica day 7

Have I mentioned that everyday we were there it was over 95 degrees. HOT and humid but SO wonderful. I had to keep reminding myself it was winter and very cold back home. I thought I would hate it that hot but I loved it. In fact I just loved Costa Rica. I loved the people, the food, the scenery pretty much everything. Carly became a little social butterfly. We would go to the grocery store and the people would smile and wave and talk to her (I didn't know what they were saying) and by the end of the trip Carly was waving and smiling to everyone. In fact on the plane home she waved to everyone on board. Carly also got her other front tooth in Costa Rica. Chris became friends with the guy that worked at our houses, his name was Gino. Chris had told Gino how Carly got a tooth in CR and he said that Carly now has a Tico tooth. Costa Ricans call themselves Tico...It's Tico food, and Tico people. Carly also loved the fruit (like we all did) but her favorite were these baby or mini bananas. She would eat like 3 of them a day. She LOVED them!




On the 3rd I went fishing with all the boys. So Me, Chris, My Dad, Ben and Tyson all went fishing. Gino (the house staff) had his brother Marco come and pick us up at the house in his boat and we went fishing like the locals did. We went out and Marco and his son threw nets out and we caught shrimp (my Dad got a picture of that) oh and a langusta (or lobster) and then we went to a few spots that were a bust. The fishing poles were basically just line wrapped around anything. Chris's "pole" was a coke bottle with line, some weight and hook on it. So we went to a 3rd spot and put a shrimp on the hook and dropped the line to the bottom....we finally caught fish. I think Tyson was the 1st to catch a fish, or maybe it was me and then Tyson. Anyway, after that we were just pulling them in. We caught a few little red snapper. Ben caught a big parrot fish, we caught trigger fish and puffers and I caught an eel (that was gross and creepy). We all caught fish...well except for my Dad. It was weird fishing. You were just holding on to the line and if you felt something you jerked and hoped you hooked it. I told my Dad he must be getting old and his reflexes not as good. Sorry Padre!
Whitney got a picture of us all on the boat leaving for our fishing adventure.

That night we feasted on fish tacos and a little lobster.

No comments: