picture-
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Costa Rica day 8
This morning we decided to hit the Carara National Park.
We wanted to see more birds and were hoping to see some more wildlife. We saw leaf cutter ants. We got a little video of it, they're so cool. They clear these pathways for themselves and just do their work.
picture-
I hiked in with Carly and Chris hiked her out. We saw a scarlet macaws nest with them in it. They are so beautiful. I absolutely loved seeing all the birds, but I really love birds. My parents took a scope so I put the camera up to the scope to get a better picture of them. So pretty.
We also saw the morpho butterflies, they are so pretty and so bright..each time I tried to get a picture the wings would be folded up. There were 2 of them fluttering down by this creek. On the way out we saw this tattered but still pretty butterfly.
After the hike Carly and I hit the pool to cool off, then The Brunsons headed into Jaco with the Hunts. We got ice cream where I had the BEST coconut ice cream ever! It was so delicious with flakes of coconut in it. Chris had mango and Carly liked both.
That night the babies got all wild chasing each other and racing. Here is a little video, they were so funny.
picture-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment