We spent the day hanging at the houses and the pools. We decided to do a Crocodile Tour so we just hung out at home until 3p when we needed to head to the tour. My Mom is going to be mad at me for the picture but she was hilarious jumping in the pool and I got a sweet action shot. Sorry Mom.

The pools were great, colder than the ocean was, so very refreshing. Here is Chris showering off...thanks Whitney. It might be my new favorite too.

Chris took pictures of the creatures around our house this morning too. The lizard was on the neighbors roof sunning himself...there were these BIG bugs everywhere and the golden orb spider was in a tree right by the pool at our house.

So then we went to the Crocodile Tour. The tour is on the "Rio Grande Tarcoles" here is a link to the tour we went on http://www.junglecrocodilesafari.com/ . The river is one of 4 that flows out Nicoya penninsula and into the ocean. It was cool to see the level of the river and how it would rise and fall with the tide. I think the tour guide told us the river was about 75 miles long. Anyway, we saw over 20 different species of birds. Including the black bellied whistling ducks, herons (of all kinds), scarlet macaws, egrets, parrots, the beautiful mot mot, and many more. We also saw iguanas and the basilisk or Jesus Christ lizard they can run on the water and we saw 2 of them do it. They are fast! The tour guides had names for some of the crocodiles and our boat captain (Juan Carlos) who you see feeding the crocodiles had been attacked and pulled into the river by the biggest one (that they named Mike Tyson). It was an awesome tour, I loved it. The crocodiles were so close that if you dared you could just reach out and touch them (you were told not to for fear of losing an limb).

Here are a couple videos. The first one I love because you can see Carly's hands waving to the crocodiles (she loved all the animals) and the 2nd one is of the largest (Mike Tyson)...he swam right next to the boat where we were sitting and it was creepy. He was HUGE!
2nd video: nevermind it won't upload... I'll try again but it's like 3 minutes long and seems to be too large to upload.


The crocodile tour was awesome, just over 2 hours and we saw so much. It was so cool.
2 comments:
Shauna you are so in trouble!!!
I love the action shot. I have a video of it. I loved the crocodile tour. It was the best!
Post a Comment