Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Costa Rica day 9

Day 9 was our last full day in Costa Rica. Most the group went to do zip lines but the Brunsons stayed back along with Ben and Luke. So we just walked the beach to go to breakfast and hung out at the house. Our house had lots of creatures. We had 2 house cats Coe and Freddie (the staff fed them daily so they really did live there). Here they are sleeping up on our porch. Carly loved the cats.

Here are a few pictures of our houses. I am standing on the beach taking a picture of them. One is of the 2 houses and then there is our house where we lived upstairs and The Hunts and Amy lived with us in this house. The other house my parents and The Englands lived in. I miss it and I wish I was there now.



Once part of the group got back from zip lines (Mom, Amy and Audrey) we decided to head to the Playa Blanca again. Ben wanted to go to Jaco to boogy board and surf so we took him there first then spent a couple hours at Playa Blanca. Poor little Luke was having a rough day with sunscrean and salt water in his eyes. So he needed to get home and washed off. On our way out we saw this anteater crossing the road. So Chris jumped out and got some pictures.


So Audrey, Mom and Luke went home and Amy and The Brunsons headed into Jaco to check on Ben and do some souvenier shopping and get more delicious ice cream. Here is Ben boogy boarding.



Here is Chris and Carly in Jaco. Have you ever had a coke or pepsi or fresca in Central America? If not, you should. It's not made with the crap here like high fructose corn syrup...it's made with pure cane sugar and they are SO DELICIOUS! Man, they are good. I don't even really like soda but I love soda in Central America.

PS- I like Ben walking behind Chris & Carly, he's so tall and most Costa Ricans seemed to be about my height or Chris's (5'7" to 5'10"). Ben ended up trading his boogy board in for a surf board (the waves got bigger in the late afternoon). So he went back to the water. Amy headed to the Tacobar to eat some fish tacos and Chris, Carly and I went to get icecream. Chris found this awesome sign by the Tacobar. Funny.

And here is Ben surfing.

No comments: