So last week when I was in UT Carly got sick. Just a little cold and congestion. She was getting over it very quickly...then I got sick on the weekend and it didn't last long. We're both still congested but I don't feel bad anymore. So then yesterday Carly is not having a good day and she's feeling very warm to me. So I check her temperature at about 11am and it was 102.5. So I give her Tylenol. She doesn't want to nap or eat, she just wants to be held and cuddle (which I admit I love). So at about 3p I check her temperature again because with the Tylenol it should be going down. Nope it's at 103.4. So I call the Dr.'s office. They say to bring her in...So we rush down there. Well I wasn't impressed with the Dr we saw at all. I won't name names but the nurse who took us to the room asked me some questions, weighed Carly (she is at 17.12 lbs) and says the Dr. will be in shortly. So he comes in and asks me the same questions the nurse asked. Immediately starts checking Carly which scares her so she is freaking out crying. Checks her breathing, her eyes, her ears, and her throat. After he checks her over, he asks if she's been pulling on her ears. I say yes, she pulls on one of them. So he checks her right ear again and says "well, it looks like there is some fluid back there"...I'm like Okay??, thinking what does that mean. Then he says "yeah, I'll go ahead and treat that, is amoxicillin okay?" I wanted to say "you're the Dr. you tell me". So he writes her a prescription and says "I'll write it for 10 days but if she is 100% by 7 days you can stop taking it". I say Okay. Then he says okay call us if there are any other problems and leaves. I sit there for a minute like...uh, no one is going to check her temperature (which is the reason I came in) or really tell me anything, he never even said "it's an ear infection" it was like an afterthought that he decided to write the prescription. Needless to say I was NOT IMPRESSED! So yeah, apparently Carly has a little ear infection. Her temperature was at 102.4 about 7:30p last night. Oh, the Dr. said we could give her an increased amount of Tylenol to help bring the fever down so we've been doing that. She was up at 11:30P last night and still burning up so she got more Tylenol, then she was up at about 3:30a again and still hot so she had more Tylenol. This morning her temp was 100.4 (with the Tylenol)so it's going down. She's not really eating and doesn't want to sleep unless I'm holding her...which is making it difficult to do anything (including shower). She's finally down for a nap. I feel so bad for her. I hope with the antibiotics she is feeling better tonight. I also hope her temperature continues to go down. Poor thing, her eyes just look tired and sick.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Ear Infection
So last week when I was in UT Carly got sick. Just a little cold and congestion. She was getting over it very quickly...then I got sick on the weekend and it didn't last long. We're both still congested but I don't feel bad anymore. So then yesterday Carly is not having a good day and she's feeling very warm to me. So I check her temperature at about 11am and it was 102.5. So I give her Tylenol. She doesn't want to nap or eat, she just wants to be held and cuddle (which I admit I love). So at about 3p I check her temperature again because with the Tylenol it should be going down. Nope it's at 103.4. So I call the Dr.'s office. They say to bring her in...So we rush down there. Well I wasn't impressed with the Dr we saw at all. I won't name names but the nurse who took us to the room asked me some questions, weighed Carly (she is at 17.12 lbs) and says the Dr. will be in shortly. So he comes in and asks me the same questions the nurse asked. Immediately starts checking Carly which scares her so she is freaking out crying. Checks her breathing, her eyes, her ears, and her throat. After he checks her over, he asks if she's been pulling on her ears. I say yes, she pulls on one of them. So he checks her right ear again and says "well, it looks like there is some fluid back there"...I'm like Okay??, thinking what does that mean. Then he says "yeah, I'll go ahead and treat that, is amoxicillin okay?" I wanted to say "you're the Dr. you tell me". So he writes her a prescription and says "I'll write it for 10 days but if she is 100% by 7 days you can stop taking it". I say Okay. Then he says okay call us if there are any other problems and leaves. I sit there for a minute like...uh, no one is going to check her temperature (which is the reason I came in) or really tell me anything, he never even said "it's an ear infection" it was like an afterthought that he decided to write the prescription. Needless to say I was NOT IMPRESSED! So yeah, apparently Carly has a little ear infection. Her temperature was at 102.4 about 7:30p last night. Oh, the Dr. said we could give her an increased amount of Tylenol to help bring the fever down so we've been doing that. She was up at 11:30P last night and still burning up so she got more Tylenol, then she was up at about 3:30a again and still hot so she had more Tylenol. This morning her temp was 100.4 (with the Tylenol)so it's going down. She's not really eating and doesn't want to sleep unless I'm holding her...which is making it difficult to do anything (including shower). She's finally down for a nap. I feel so bad for her. I hope with the antibiotics she is feeling better tonight. I also hope her temperature continues to go down. Poor thing, her eyes just look tired and sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes! I hope that she gets better fast! If I don't get better by tomorrow, we won't be coming up for the party.
Post a Comment